Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Scare of my life...

Wednesday began as a rather uneventful day. I finished up my cooking, since on Tuesday I had dropped everything and went to help my sil tear off wall paper. I hung out several loads of laundry and over all it was a good day. Around 5pm I went out to get my laundry in... AND took the children out with me. I was getting my laundry off the line, attempting to keep an eye on Kyler, who loves to go exploring. (Where do you go exploring in town?? Down the street or to the neighbors, of course.) Anyway, suddenly I heard a door slam and the thought went through my head that I hadn't seen the children for about 2 minutes. I went to investigate and found Aubrey in the house with HUGE eyes. Kyler was no where to be seen. I instantly felt this choking panic rise up within me and I began my search with a very scared little girl in tow. He wasn't on the street. I ran over to the neighbors, no Kyler. I called and called his name. I looked behind the pine trees that border the back of our property... nobody. I felt this feeling of horror like i'd NEVER felt before. I told myself in an audible voice to stay calm. I prayed, I continued to look... and then I saw a movement... a little movement of red... I began to run, with Aubrey at my heels. Here he was, headed over the neighbors yard, headed for 241.(which is a busy road.) Had he gone much further, I wouldn't have been able to see him anymore. I called his name, he turned and started walking toward me. I grabbed him and hugged him tight. I walked back to the house with my precious babies. I closed the door behind us and LOCKED it and flopped down on the couch. I felt sick to my stomach. Aubrey climbed up beside me and said, "Mama we found him!" She said it over and over. It was so cute and since Kyler did not want to be cuddled, I cuddled her. Then she sweetly said, "Mama, you are so proud of me!" Yes, Dear, I am proud of you. \"/ It's a horrible feeling to 'lose' a child! I always thought it was 'irresponsible' parents that lose children... So now I am loving my precious, adventurous little boy and left to ponder the fact as to whether I am irresponsible, or that I had the wrong impression....

Pictures and recipes to follow... soon...

Good night.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Sara, I know the feeling...and it's awful!
    I am so glad you found him and he's safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling too. So glad you caught him that soon. ~Irene

    ReplyDelete