
...and will maximize my time in it. I will resist the urge to hurry through or circumvent any portion of my journey, but will live with the spirit of contentment." ~Priscilla Shirer -The Resolution For Women
I WANT that book!!!!!! 'The Resolution For Women' was written after they received so many responses from women concerning the movie, 'Courageous'.
I heard about this book on a radio program his past week. As I listened to her reading the first resolve, tears stung my eyes, because it touched a sensitive corner of my heart. Something that I have been struggling with in the secret corners of my heart.
I have always been a dreamer. As a little girl, I couldn't WAIT to grow up. I wanted to be a Princess. I wanted to be the 'apple' of some handsome man's eye. I used to play church and take a basket full of dolls to church. They were my many foster children. I always dreamed of having biological children, but I also wanted to adopt a poor, helpless child. A lot of my dreams have come true. I'm loved by a wonderful, handsome man and God has blessed us with 3 beautiful children. I should be living my dream in utter contentment...
Alas, it is not always so. I don't want a different life. 98% of the time I LOVE my life. But the other 2% of the time, (those percentages might be a little off \"/) I chafe in my heart at the MANY demands. Everybody needs/wants Mama! And there doesn't seem to be enough of me to go around. And in my heart I wish for a crackling fire, a warm blanket to curl up in, a cup of hot coffee, and a good book. Oh, and add a cozy recliner and a pumpkin candle to that... Ahhh....
Oh, and then I read about making your home a castle for the King to come home to every night. 99% of the time, our home doesn't feel like a castle and I don't feel like a Queen. I suppose 'servant' would describe my occupation more correctly. And this 'servant' is most generally about 5 steps behind.
But in the same 'corners of my heart' where I sometimes chafe at demands, there is the ever cry of my heart, "Lord teach me! Teach me how to mother these precious children. Teach me how to love my husband. Teach me to give and give and give... Teach me how to embrace my life. Teach me to be content." I don't want my children to grow up with a Mom that was constantly 'sighing' and struggling through each day. They deserve so much more then that... I suppose I never will be the woman I really want to be...But I can keep trying... And God is so faithful!
On a totally different note, I love viewing life through the eyes of a child. \"/ Last week one night, we went to Wendy's and then went walking on the trail afterward. Aubrey and Kyler were THRILLED to discover that we were going inside to eat! For convenience sake, their mother tends to use the drive through most of the time and then they eat on the way to the park or on our way home from getting groceries. We sat at a table and Wes went to order our food. While we waited, they exclaimed over the MANY tables and chairs. There were rounds tables and, "Look Mama! There's a little square table!" And the pictures of burgers... \"/ I'm quite sure anybody that was half close to us, or on the other side of the restaurant, for that matter, figured out that these poor children are rarely out to eat! An older couple were finished eating and walked past us to get to the door. Kyler waived happily at them and they waived back. He looked at them closely and then said, "They don't have any children!"
Aubrey is all into Jesus dying on the cross right now. The 'owies' on his hands affect her deeply and stir the compassionate spirit in her heart. Her precious, innocent, open little heart. She cares deeply about anybody that is hurting and wants to bandage them up. Sometimes her heart puts her Mother to shame. So often I'm so 'busy' that I don't stop to reflect on the 'owies' on Jesus' hands...
And Mya... She's sitting and rolling and our latest 'dirt collector'. \"/ She loves to eat! She weighs in at around 12 lbs, 6 oz. I held adorable little (big) Ethan in church yesterday. To think he's only 9 days older then Mya! \"/ The kids and I went on a walk the other day. I put her in the snuggli, so my hands were free and we proceeded to 'climb' the hill on our street. She was thrilled over the neighbors puppy. The children picked 'ticklers' and 'flowers' which consists of weeds. \"/ We gave Mya some little daisies. She held them in her tiny hands for a long time constantly chattering, "Da da da da".....
Must Run! Have a good day!!!

















Sara,I needed to read what you wrote. I am living a dream I had, and yet I find myself thinking this dream I am living is keeping me from having fun. How strange...I guess I didn't know that THIS dream would keep me from going after most of my other dreams. :)
ReplyDeleteI love that picture of Mya in the stroller, her smile is so sweet!
Have a good week!
I love hearing your thoughts, Your heart is beautiful!:) Love ya~Dru
ReplyDeleteThank you for what you wrote today, Sara. When we were young and living in the same area I never imagined that someday we'd be so close to the same stage together....You describe my life quite well and your resolve and realness encourages me. You have precious babies...and a wonderful life. My Keagan thought the track running all over your cement pad was "purty neat"! Good post. Just what I needed.
ReplyDeleteI wish I could see your children again! And talk with you! :) ♥ Dorcas
ReplyDeleteYou are doing such a good job, yet keepin' it real. Hugs to you! -Aunt Wanda
ReplyDelete