Monday, March 19, 2012

Recipes - Part 2

Impossible Cheeseburger Pie

1 lb. ground beef
1 1/2 c. chopped onions ( i use about a 1/2 cup)
1 1/2 c. milk
3 eggs
3/4 c.flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 tomatoes, sliced, opt.
1 c. shredded cheese
Brown beef and onion, drain. Place in pan. Combine next 6 ingredients. Pour over beef. Bake at 400* for 30 min. Top with tomatoes and cheese. Bake until knife inserted in center comes out clean.        *I bake mine at 350*.  I don't like brown edges.  :)
I've never actually frozen this. I wasn't sure how it would work with the eggs and milk. I just fry the beef and freeze that. This is so fast to put together!


Chimichangas 

2 lb. fried hamburger
1 can refried beans
1 can green chilies
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 sm. onion
salt and pepper
1 c. shredded cheese
1 pkg tortillas
Mix all together. Put about 1/3 cup into tortilla. Fold up like a burrito. The recipe says to fry until golden brown, but I just bake mine.  *To freeze:  Place on a wax paper lined cookie sheet. Set into freezer and freeze just until solid. Put desired amount into bags and freeze!


Another recipe that I remembered that I like to do and it makes a super yummy and fast side dish for and chicken or meatball supper...

Three Cheese Shells or Manicotti

In a gallon size freezer bag, place:
2 c. cottage or ricotta cheese
1 1/2 c. mozzarella cheese
1 1/2 tsp. Italian Seasoning
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
Knead bag until thoroughly combined. Snip off a small corner or the bag. About a 1/2 inch. Gently squeeze the filling into jumbo pasta  shells or manicotti. Spread 1/2 c. marinara sauce into the bottom of a 9x13" pan. (or 1/4c. for an 8x8 pan) Place pasta on top. Top with 1 1/2 c. marinara sauce (3/4 for 8x8), 1/2 c. mozzarella cheese and 1/4 c. Parmesan. Wrap up and freeze. Bake at 375* for 1 hr or until shells are tender. let stand 10 min.
This is so yummy and so easy and SO mess free!!!!!  :) Just toss your ziploc bag in the trash when you are done filling your pasta shells! NO dishes!!!  :)

Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment