Wednesday, January 11, 2012

This and That

My first post after New Years. And what do I write about?

It's hard to explain how my heart can be so very full and I can feel so very passionate about a few subjects, and yet I feel so dry, empty, lonely, and detached emotionally. Times when a certain thing weighs so heavily on my heart that the tears run down my cheeks, but I have no words to tell God what I'm feeling. I choose to rest in the fact that sometimes prayer has no words. I keep reading Psalm 23. I stop at 'He restores my soul'... I beg God to restore my soul. To fill me. Rejuvenate me. To rekindle the fire in my heart.To teach me to wait patiently.

And so that's how I come into 2012. I'm a mess. A wreck would probably be a better term. I greatly dislike starting a new year like this. I'm finding out once again that God is good and that he will never change. I'm also rediscovering just how wonderful and romantic my Husband is.  :-) I love him so much!

And these are some of my favorite random pictures from the past month...
Storytime

The smiles say it all!   :-)

Yep, he'll make a good Daddy someday!!





Soaking in Grandma's foot spa! 






My baby is getting big way to fast! I was telling Wes how it makes me sad and I kinda wish I could somehow freeze time. He said that freezing time would be sad, too. And he's right. I don't want her to always be 10 months old, glued onto my hip, grouchy and teething!





So happy with our gingerbread 'flop'! Aubrey told me, "Mama, this is a beautiful gingerbread tent!" Ah, yes, indeed! When the house collapsed, we salvaged the roof and made a tent!

I had so much fun shopping with some very sweet sisters after Christmas. Did you know that you can stuff 5 women into a dressing room with their coats, purses, and all the clothes they want to try on?  :-)  And may I add that there was only one mirror? We attempted to help Mary find a professional looking out fit to wear to her job interviews after her and Jon move to Missouri.We also had lively discussions about which colors look best on who and whether we are a Spring, Summer, Fall, or Winter.  :-)  Sadly, poor Hannah was to sick to join us!

Dorcas came home with us. She got to see up close how life goes with sick, grouchy little people. She says she wasn't permanently damaged.  :-)

I am SO in the mood to sew!! I got 2 new patterns and I want to try them SO bad!!!

There is a little train, dangling by a string, from the beam in our living room. It's supposed to be a motivator for a certain young man. Aubrey informed me yesterday that "Rheneas would like to come down now!" But poor Rheneas must dangle awhile longer. Kyler may cut the string after he 'goes'  #2 in the toilet 5 times. Sigh. I've run out of ideas on how to get him to go. Wes suggested this.  I readily took him up on it! I'm praying that it works!!

I must run. Three little people are up for the day!

2 comments:

  1. They are all most adorable!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post. I know that aching, that longing. I think sometimes its so much harder to 'feel' like a Christian when we are in the very busy mommy stage. Maybe we place too high expectations, but I remember wanting that deep, intimate relationship like I had pre-children. and so often we are in survival mode. Don't give up. God hears your cry.

    Mya DOES look like you-esp. when she's laughing with her mouth wide open.;)

    It was SO GOOD to talk to you yesterday! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete