Thursday, August 8, 2013

Of Summer Picnics and Kittens

This summer is flying by! I had great plans for this summer; a lot, of which we have actually accomplished.  \"/  I think I am officially in my nesting stage. I'm not sure if I like this stage or not. I feel nearly panicky sometimes when I think about my long 'to-do' list and the days go so fast...

Anyways....

We went on another Sunday picnic.  \"/  I wanted to go on lots of picnics and go exploring with the kids this summer. I love seeing the world through their eyes!  \"/ 



Yep! We ate sandwiches.  \"/

Starting up the 'Prairie Trail'.

Kyler sees a LARGE ant hill that he thinks he should check out.

And when they tired of looking at huge ant hills, they thought it was boring.

Walking sticks and big smiles

She needed a hug from her Daddy.  \"/

My 'big' 6 yr old girl. See the missing teeth? 

And then we found wild blackberries!!




we ate them like a family of bears! I was afraid they might get tummy aches!

Headed for the waterfall!  \"/

Miss Mya

Trying out some apples we found along the trail. They were kind of sour.

They finally make it to the water!  \"/




It was so beautiful and relaxing. I had hoped to wear out the kidders, but I think Mom was the one wore out.
Relaxing with the kittens.

"Look Mom! My kitty likes this! She fell asleep!"

You can seriously do just about anything with Miss Fuzzy. She is SO tame!

Poor Kitties!!!

Squash! no, they aren't always in the house!  \"/





2 comments:

  1. Sara, I Love these!! The kids are So adorable!:) I'm so glad that I am their aunt!:) Mya looks So like you!;) The kitties are adorable!:) I love how Fuzzy fell asleep in Aubrey arms!:) Sadly enough, I suspect that she doesn't feel nearly so secure when Mya holds her!;) Lady's expression cracks me up on the picture of Mya holding them!;) I miss you all!! I can't wait till winter when I can come spend days at your house!:) You're all so dear.;) All my love!!:) ♥George

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nesting!! awe....can't wait till your little guy is here! =) Your hike / picnic looks like so much fun family times!! Where is that falls? I'd love to go there.....

    ReplyDelete