I was reminded today about how very quickly things happen. I was getting lunch ready for the children and had my back turned to Aubrey who was sitting in her chair, or supposed to be. I heard her say, "Look Mama! I'm on the table!!" (which is a no-no) As I turned around to tell her to get off, I saw her flying through the air w/ a very scared look on her face. She hit the floor HARD and her chin took a serious blow. she began to scream and as I ran to pick her up, I expected to find a broken jaw, because of how hard she hit her chin. Her jaw seemed to be intact, but I found a 3/4 in. long gash in her chin, and she bit her tongue badly and blood was coming out of her mouth and chin rapidly. She soon had blood all over her face... and I got to be the nurse I always thought I wanted to be.
To make a long story short, she is now sleeping peacefully.
I was in the Living Room today when I heard soft little 'plops' in the kitchen... and I remembered my freshly baked cookies, cooling on a towel, on the table. Sure enough. The little boy in our house discovered he could reach the towel and pulled most of the cookies onto the floor and was crumbling them as fast as he could. There are now chocolate smears on the floor that I mopped yesterday.
Aubrey wanted to watch 'John Boy', so while Kyler slept, we watched the Waltons. It was about 2 orphans from England that came to live w/ them during WW2. ( they later found their mom) I am thankful that though our country is FAR from what it should be, there are no bombs falling. I have food to feed my children. I have clean clothes for them to wear and a washing machine to clean them. I am thankful that Aubrey only fell off of the table and cut her chin. Worse things happen! And while I'm not impressed that my cookies went on the floor, I am thankful for my active little son. I'm not sure what I would do w/ myself if I didn't have him to run after!!
I am thankful for my husband who loves me inspite of my weaknesses and failures!! He is a wonderful Daddy and I am proud to be the mother of his children.
I am thankful for God, the Redeemer of my failures. He has blessed me so much!!
Here's my cookie recipe! \"/
Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 1/4 c. softened butter
1 c. honey
1/2 c. yogurt
1/2 c. milk
3 T. vanilla
3 eggs
Beat together until fluffy. Add:
4 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
3 tsp. salt
2 1/4 tsp. baking soda
3/4 c. chocolate chips
Mix together. Bake at 350 for 10 min. Yield: 7 doz.
And for anybody who is interested, there are 803 grams of carbohydrates in this recipe. Which means there are 9.5 per cookie!
2 1/4 c. softened butter
1 c. honey
1/2 c. yogurt
1/2 c. milk
3 T. vanilla
3 eggs
Beat together until fluffy. Add:
4 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
3 tsp. salt
2 1/4 tsp. baking soda
3/4 c. chocolate chips
Mix together. Bake at 350 for 10 min. Yield: 7 doz.
And for anybody who is interested, there are 803 grams of carbohydrates in this recipe. Which means there are 9.5 per cookie!
I use Prairie Gold Wheat flour. It is a lighter w.w. flour and doesn't make your things as dark or as heavy or crumbly.
Sorry this post is so boring! I tried to upload pictures, but I guess it was in a bad mood, because I wasn't able to.
Blessings....
Sorry this post is so boring! I tried to upload pictures, but I guess it was in a bad mood, because I wasn't able to.
Blessings....

Hey where do you get honey to use for recipes like this. I can only find little jars at the bulk food store and it's so expensive. ~ Suzanne
ReplyDeleteI would ask if you could get it in a bigger container. I've gotten it at a bulk food store already and also at a produce place. I paid like $9 for a qt.
ReplyDeletePoor Aubrey! Happy Thanksgiving!
ReplyDeleteWas fun talking to you today. You are a good Mom! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing, Sara! I enjoyed reading you interesting post.;) wish you lived closer, but it was good to see you in October! ~Allison
ReplyDelete