Sometimes I feel restless and cooped up; like I need to get out and away. Not away from my children or my husband. Just away somewhere, anywhere that's totally quiet, where I can sit and sort out my thoughts. I feel very guilty when I feel this way...
The other day I was talking to God about all of this and I realized that I need to start writing again. I love to write. I wrote a little bit of everything when I was young; stories, poems, even a few songs. I loved English in school and one of my dreams was being a writer. I never got very far and trashed most of writing 'projects' when I 'grew up'. Then I wrote my thoughts and feelings down in my journal, or sent them to my dear Canadian friend, Suzanne, and then later to my boyfriend, who is now my husband.
Since I became a Mom, almost 2 1/2 yrs ago, I've written as good as nothing, not even in a journal. And I've had this restless feeling ever since. Like I'm running over with thoughts and no where to go with them.
God has been taking me on a journey this past year. He's been teaching me many things, showing me some lies that I was believing and I think it's beginning to soak in just how much he loves me... He truly is a wonderful Father!!
So this is what this blog has been born out of. A place to share my thoughts, share about my love for being a wife and mother, and my latest ambition... healthy and sugar free cooking!! I've been doing a lot of experimenting with recipes, due to a few health issues that I will fill you in on sometime.
Well, That's all for now! Have a blessed day!!
Monday, November 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Can't wait to hear more! I wrote quite a bit too before I got married. As I was packing up my stuff I found a book of poems and songs I had written nearly a decade ago. It was wonderful to read them again...but oh how embaressing were some of them!!! I felt more inspired to write but when? And how??
ReplyDeleteGlad you started this! Looking forward to reading your thoughts... any chance you'll post that long poem that you wrote sometime?? You know the one where part 2 was always coming, but never came??!! :)
ReplyDeleteHey, glad you're starting this! I can't wait to hear tips about eating healthy and sugar free cooking! I go through spurts sometimes where I try to cook really healthy and then get tried of it. One thing I always do it cut back the sugar in everything I make. It's amazing that it still tastes just as good with less sugar!
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean about the restless feeling! For me, I have to draw, sew or do something 'artsy' to satisfy the 'bored' feeling. I think God gives us gifts and He doesn't want us to neglect them! Can't wait to see more healthy recipes. I've always wanted to learn how to use stevia! ~ Faith
ReplyDelete