Thursday, November 19, 2009

What is the point of Living?

Why do I get up in the morning? What motivates me to start another day? What gets me through the day when I am exhausted and feel like running away ( for just a tiny minute)?

I love mornings! I love getting up w/ Wes and having some time all to myself before my little people get out of bed. I can connect w/ God better in the mornings. I love to plan my day (ha!) and get a few things done before I am wiping up messes, feeding little mouths, settling fights...

I love connecting w/ my husband at 5:00 to 5:30 am. We sometimes have some pretty good discussions before he goes out the door. (Other times we are both dragging, or I'm to tired to get up, but anyway...)

Then the little ppl wake up and I fall in love w/ them more every morning. Kyler always greets me w/ happy smiles and giggles and begins 'talking', first thing! His smiles melt my heart and I forget the struggles of the day before... We're talking going in toilets, the trash, climbing on the table, biting his sister, teasing his sister... etc. Aubrey is usually pretty quiet in the morning. She gets up w/ a cheery smile that lasts until her brother attempts to take her precious bunny away, which happens most days!! Her hair is a mess and she likes a hug and then settles down on the couch to 'wake up'.

I've been thinking alot about this this week. One of Wes' first cousins committed suicide this past Tuesday morning. She was married and has 2 children. Her 14 yr. old daughter found her very shortly afterwards. It was a total shock to everybody. She was not a Christian and has had a lot of nerve pain since being in an accident several years ago. The Dr. told her recently that there isn't anything to do for the pain, that it will only get worse and gave her a new medication- the side affects were depression and being suicidal. ( WHY would you give a medication like that??!!)

What is my purpose in life? What am I living for? What do I love about life? I came up w/ a long mental list: My husband, my children, seeing the sun rising and setting, little voices, smiles from big and little ppl, going on walks, being w/ my family and Wes' family, camping, gardening, birds singing, and I could go on and on. But all that is totally worthless and would bring very little joy to my life if I didn't have Jesus and Heaven to look forward to. Who would I turn to during the day when I need strength and I don't have any left? What would I do when I've been hurt and I feel like no one understands me?? What would I do if I wouldn't have Jesus to hang on to when I'm depressed, or struggling w/ fear, anxiety... etc?

What is important to me? What will last for eternity? What am I doing here? What am I supposed to be doing here?

These are all ? that are still going around in my head. I am challenged to let go of the little unimportant things in life, keep my focus on Christ, why I am here, and live a godly life. My prayer is that I would be like Jesus and that his love would shine through me and touch my family, my friends and most of all, a lost and dying world that has no hope. May other ppl see Jesus in me!!

Have a great day and let your light shine!!!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I would have your motivation in the mornings!! I think the older I get the worse it is to get up in the mornings!!! It sure isn't getting easier!

    ReplyDelete