
It seems like a very long time since I've posted anything. I guess I took a very long Christmas break. :)Lots of things are going through my mind. I wish I could close down a few 'windows', but it doesn't seem to be working. Have you ever had conversations w/ people and continued to think about those conversations for several weeks? I do that a lot. Or I read something thought provoking and it gets stuck in my brain... I feel like I'm almost always processing something. Right now I envy my husband. He can turn his brain 'off' and think 'nothing'; something that totally blows my mind. But I wish I could do that occasionally!
Today I am not being a very good Mom. My children woke up before they were ready and the day has been going a little backwards. Kyler is down for an early nap and I'm letting Aubrey watch Dora...
Does every body's children find piles of dirty laundry to be the most wonderful things to play in? I mean literally bury yourself in the dirty towels, wash cloths, underwear, etc. I find it rather disgusting and am trying to teach them not to play in dirty laundry, but they do not seem to be catching on.
Do all little girls pull out all their shoes, put them on and then go digging and rummaging through their mothers clothes drawers to find a 'silky some thing', slip it over their heads and then w/ bright, shiny eyes and beautiful smiles say, " I'm a princess Mama!!"
Do all children enjoy pulling the tupper ware out of the cupboard, scattering it all over the kitchen floor, and then climb inside?
Do all little 27 lb teething little boys fuss and pull on their mothers skirt almost all day and cry, whine, or fuss?
I am not trying to complain. I feel very privileged to be my children's Mommy. I love them so very much!! I know that my attitude has a huge affect on how my day goes.
I've been praying that God would teach me how to be a better wife and Mom. I'm finding myself so far from what I want to be. he's been showing me a few things that I can change, and so I'm trying.
I'm finding it makes evenings so much happier if I keep my suppers simple. The last several days I've been washing all my dishes up while I'm making supper and then our supper dishes get stacked in the sink and I wash them the next day. It's usually just the plates, silverware, and a casserole dish or something. That might drive most women crazy, and you may call me sloppy, but lately Wes has been getting home so late, and this is allowing me to spend time w/ my little family.
I'm also attempting to cut out as much stress as possible. For some women it is a stress reliever to go away. I love to get together w/ other women for coffee or a Bible Study. But doing it to much stresses me out. It seems I see so little of Wes and I so dislike going out the door, in the evening, when he comes in! So we are trying to keep most of our evenings open to just enjoy our little family... together.
Tonight I'm planning a special supper. I'm making Rotisserie Chicken, noodles, steamed veggies, w/ chocolate pie for desert. Wes LOVES rotisserie chicken and it is SO easy!! I don't use a roasting chicken, just thighs or leg quarters and it works great! And the BEST thing about it... There's no carbs in it! :) For somebody that watches their carbohydrates, this is a wonderful recipe! I'm going to try to make a sugar free chocolate pie... we'll see how it turns out! :) I'll try to post pictures and my recipes later.
Ok, I feel some better now, and feel more like tackling the rest of my day. Blessings to all!!!

I like washing dishes as I make supper, too. I makes such a difference!! I don't like eating with a counter full of dirty dishes behind me!! I have recently started trying to get most all of my work done during the day so I can relax and "do nothing" in the evenings!! I guess I should say that I never get everything done, I just try to get the things done that need to be done that day and leave the rest for another time!!
ReplyDelete