I haven't been posting very much lately. I've been busy, but I don't really feel like I've gotten much done.
Sick children. We'll start there. Anybody that's a Mom knows how utterly exhausting and emotionally draining grouchy sick children are! Last weekend I stayed home from church because they both had pink eye and Kyler had a high fever... which turned out to be a double ear infection. I thought they were both on the mend, but last night Aubrey woke up w/ a fever and complained about her ears. I'm putting drops in today and hoping I can save myself $63.47 by avoiding a trip to the Dr.
I've been doing some organizing. I cleaned out our freezer, and my pantry. We have so terribly much food in this house!! I made a list of what's in the freezer and am crossing things off every time I take something out. i also did a menu for the month of Feb. using only ingredients that I have on hand. I'm going to try to only buy dairy, fruits, and veggies. I've got several coupons that expire the end of Feb. so if I find those items on sale, I will 'swipe' those deals.
I also put myself on a strict budget. Wes gives me a certain amount of money each paycheck that's supposed to 'reach around'. My husband does not need a strict budget. He does not spend money. I could probably count on one hand the times Wes has impulsively spent money. He is NOT what I would call a tight wad, he's just a saver. I don't consider myself a spender, but I seem to 'lose my money'. Am I the only one with that problem??? So Wes is supporting me, with a grin on his face... and I'm trying to figure out just what the grin means...
we have started in our basement! YAY!!! Wes framed up the first room yesterday. The children love to run through the studs. The free 2x4's that Wes got at work have proven to be a real blessing! I will admit that at the time, I was slightly frustrated w/ all the wood stacked in our basement, but it is now being put to use. It is nice that Wes isn't the 'pitcher' that I am.
And we have snow!!! Lots and lots and lots of the beautiful white stuff!! the children are loving it and beg to go out. It's so deep that walking in it is hard. Church was canceled this morning because of it!
Aubrey is potty trained!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After working for 6 months, my daughter now pees and poops in the potty!!! It has been a rather frustrating journey, but she can do it!!! Kyler is beginning to walk around with his shirt pulled up and says, "potty"!! He begs to go and loves to sit on the toilet... oh dear... For some reason I am just not in the mood of starting it all over again...
Well, I should run...
Blessings!!
Sunday, February 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh Sara, I admire you so much! I think you are such a wonderful example of a loving, caring, patient, BEAUTIFUL mamma! Your posts are such an encouragement to me and as you know already I check your blog often to see if you've posted another one! I pray you have a wonderful week and that your children stay healthy. :-) ~ Suzanne
ReplyDeleteIt was good to catch up again! Can you believe I thought of you on your birthday and even mentioned calling you?! I'm happy for you..that the children are better, that the basement is started, that Aubrey is trained!!!and that you are so blessed with food, etc. And you sound like me with the money, and Leon and Wes sound alike! What's up with that?
ReplyDeleteI am so happy for you that Aubrey is trained! Judah still has accidents..but we are working hard. :)
ReplyDelete