It's probably not the most restful Sunday afternoon that I've ever had. Kyler fell asleep on the way home from church and when we arrived home, he decided that he was 'finished sleeping'. Aubrey was up at 6:45 am this morning and her Daddy is still trying to get her to take a nap. She's not into the nap thing lately, much to her mother's despair. I've had people tell me, "Oh I make my children sleep!" Obviously I don't know how to do that. I've been trying to make her sleep since she was about 6 months old! I've learned that you can make a child stay in bed, you can even make them hold still, but the actual act of falling asleep is something I don't control.
In case you haven't gathered from my title, we are on the final countdown! It is exciting, it is scary, it is uncomfortable. We are attempting to be patient and try to keep life interesting! Aubrey asks almost every day if the baby is getting big. \"/ If the baby isn't, Mama is! \"/
We have a picnic... totally their idea. \"/ Due to the time of day that they decided to have their picnic, apples in a basket consisted of their lunch. And the apples need to be in a basket, because "Picnic lunches go in a basket". I'm not entirely sure where A picked up that idea since I don't even own a picnic basket!
We finally got Baby Jesus colored and wrapped into his blanket. It was supposed to get done BEFORE Christmas, but never did... So we did it after. Occasionally K gets a hold of Baby Jesus and unwraps him, which makes A scream. :( I really doubt that baby Jesus was a reddish purple, but then you never know! \"/
Daddy has taken the children on some 'wild' sled rides. Our yard slopes just enough that makes it just right for little people. The only drawback is that it slopes toward the street... so the adult on board has to make sure the tube stops before you get to the street.
I have a big helper! \"/ She LOVES to help and its amazing what she can do! She can empty the dryer into a basket, pick up toys, set the table, fill the little coffee can, and lots of other little jobs. She tells me that she will hold and bath and feed the baby, too! \"/ I should have plenty of time to put my feet up and read or watch a movie! \"/

I love, love, love these people!!
Tuesday morning.....
I can't begin to describe our gratitude to God for everything He has done for us! He has answered so, so many prayers for us/this pregnancy/our baby! There are times when I feel rather angry that my chances of having the baby natural are 'down the drain'. Like why didn't God let Kyler's pregnancy go good when that was my only VBAC chance??!! I've come to the place where I'm ok with a c section. I dread the thought of a needle in my back, being strapped down to an operating table, and an oxygen mask put over my mouth and nose... I can't move, I can't talk... I try to fight the feeling of phobia every time I think about it. But I know that God will be there and Wes will be there; he always sits by my head, touches me, and I draw strength by looking in his eyes, praying and saying my Bible verses. If I'm patient, after what seems like a very long time, (but actually isn't) I hear the baby's cry and tears come from 'no where' and run down my own cheeks because it is OVER!! They take off my mask, unstrap my arms, and bring the baby over to me to see and touch it. Then they hand the adorable little bundle to it's Daddy and he carries it down to the nursery while the Dr stitches me up... I'm SO ready to hear that cry!!!
So we are waiting. The date is set for next week. \"/ The only drawback... The DR doesn't think I will make it to 39 wks. And the way I felt yesterday, I didn't think so either. But we made it through the night without a dash to the hospital. I decided yesterday that if I'm possibly going into labor, then I will at least have a clean house!! ( I always seem to have a dirty house when the babies arrive!) I'm trying not to feel anxious. Wes is working far away. If I call him home, it will be close to 2 1/2 hrs until he gets here. A lot of 'what ifs' go through my mind. And it's not only him that has to come home... It's 4 Amish men and another driver that all have to pick up and come tearing home because 'Sara is in labor'!
I think we will take it easy today. Puzzles, coloring books, maybe make valentines cards... I'm going to try to have a fun and lazy day with my littles...
Hope you have a great day too!!!













Glad you posted!! :) If it makes you feel any better, I can't "make" my children sleep either. It just doesn't work. I am sad that my 2 oldest don't always take naps every day anymore. I miss that quiet time.
ReplyDeletePraying all goes well for your possible labor and C-Section!! If you do go into labor, I'm praying it will be in the evening or at night when Wes is there with you!!!
Have a good day being lazy today!! :)
When I was due with my 3rd Dave was doing an on site job about 1 1/2 hrs away with NO cell phone service. I was rather worried, but God worked it all out perfectly! Remember that God loves you and cares about you more than you can imagine
ReplyDelete"My times are in your hands.." How I clung to that verse as I dreaded the unknowns of labor and delivery. Praying for you and can't wait to 'hear' your story soon.
ReplyDeleteMy children don't nap either anymore:( but then their always ready to go to bed early . Gives me time to myself then.
ReplyDeleteI am getting very excited to meet your little one! Can't wait to hear the news , although I hope she :) will stay in until next week. How fun!
Fun pictures too!
Praying~ Rach