Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Fear and Thankfulness

Have you ever felt the icy fingers of fear take hold of your heart and squeeze? Fingers that squeeze so tight that you begin to feel panicky? If not, you are either blessed with a different struggle of some kind, or you are not being honest. I have felt those icy fingers many times. I felt them when I was little and heard the phrase, "They started bombing Iraq". I felt them when George W.Bush first came into office and my Grandma solemnly said, "Every time a Republican comes into office, there's a war." I felt them on 9/11/01. I felt them when I was pregnant with Mya and thought about having a long needle go in my back, losing all feeling, being laid on a narrow little table and my Dr. taking a knife to me. I fear the future. The unknown.

And I've felt them lately. A LOT. You may criticize me and say that I have no faith. Fine. Go ahead. That is your privilege.

I've found myself wondering why we have brought children into this world. We currently have an un-godly President who supports abortion, gay marriage, and the Islam faith, has increased our debt to the point that he should be ashamed, wishes to force us with a healthcare system that would consider my Grandma and tiny preemie babies 'not worth spending money on' and I could go on and on...

Today is election day.  This is a huge day for our country. I hope we are all praying. FERVENTLY! And please exercise our freedom to vote!!! This election is very, very crucial!!!!!!!! But this is not a post about politics.

God has been gentle with me. I'm thankful for such a Father!! He has shown me lately that fear and thankfulness can't live in the same heart. When I am fearful, I am looking at all the things around me that are out of my control. When I am praising Him and thanking Him for what he has done for me and given to me, my eyes are on Him. And that makes all the difference. No matter what happens, God is still God. He always has been, and He always will be. He has promised that, He will come back and take us to be with Him! And God always keeps His promises.

When I feel fearful of the future, I'm trying (with God's help) to focus on my blessings. Here are a few of the things that I'm so, so thankful for!!!

Happy children doing school.  :)

My heart is so full!!  :)

Candles and chalkboards

Cute, little friends who come to play.  :)

The blocks that Daddy made from the scraps in the furniture
shop, about 9 years ago. He thought that his children would
maybe like them some day. He thought right.  \"/


A Healthy little boy who is obsessed with trains!

My little family and the fun we had this summer.

And more blocks.

These children have spent hours with play-dough lately!

bed time snacks of popcorn

3 children, chalkboards, and chalk

Aubrey and Kyler's tender hearts for poor little children.

They had SO MUCH FUN filling shoe boxes!!  :)

Gluten free cut out cookies

Miss Mya looks at a book under the 'tent'  :)

Love them...

...and her, too.

Mums. I love how they are so beautiful, late into the fall.
I stepped outside yesterday to clear my head. \"/
It was cold and cloudy. But in the far west, there was light under
clouds. And my mums were blooming in all their
lavender glory. It felt like a promise from God. He holds the future.
I can trust him. And I am so thankful!!! 




1 comment:

  1. Ah yes, like a line from the old favorite "Facing the Giants" movie....'it feels like my fear is about to clobber my faith'...been there....still am at times. Trusting Him to calm the raging storm in the world around us by filling our hearts with True Peace.

    ReplyDelete