I hugged my sister good-bye yesterday. Her life seems so much more exciting then mine. She actually touches lives. She has the opportunity to make a difference in another person's life. Me? Well, yeah... I just settle fights, wash bedding that somehow gets peed at night, draw pictures on cement with sidewalk chalk, try to come up with nutritious meals when the last thing I feel like doing is cooking... And I could go on and on.
This, and more, were the course of my thoughts last night. I was utterly exhausted. I fed and bathed the children, all by myself, again, and waited for their Daddy to come home. The last 6 - 7 weeks have been looonngg weeks, filled with lloonngg hours. I felt sorry for myself. And I feel sorry for him. I know it's not his wishes, they are just extremely pushed at work right now. And the next job will be no better...
Somehow, amongst all of my mental complaining, I thought about a blog post I read once on how to fight against feelings of ingratitude and self pity and how to find joy instead. Create a list of things that one is thankful for and begin to count all your blessings. I decided to try it. It does make one feel much better.
 |
| Early morning expressions. \"/ |
 |
| Our baby. I am in love with the little child! Watching him/her moving all around, ah... |
 |
| Miss Aubrey can wink! \"/ |
 |
| They have another picnic... on our bedroom floor. |
 |
| She thinks the flash is too bright! |
 |
| They picked flowers, lots of flowers, and 'De-petaled' them. (is that a word?) |
 |
| Heading up the hill... |
 |
| ...and flying back down! |
 |
| Swing rides |
I am a very blessed woman. I know it. I see it. Sometimes the grass looks greener on the other side. Sometimes I have to choose to believe that I'm blessed. And even though I don't have a picture of him, the Daddy to these children is really beyond amazing!! \"/ Oh the squeals of delight and laughter that greeted him last night, when he walked in the door, at bedtime. He was tired. I could see it in his eyes. But he gave into the 6 little hands tugging at his hands, and played hide and seek with them. They ran through the house, hiding under covers, in the shower, pantry, and closets. And me? Well, I just felt happy. And thankful. And so glad that I married this man and am the mother to these precious children.
(And I'm sure that if Naomi reads this, she will think back to the discussion we had about the difference in our lives. We are so close in age and yet life has taken us 2 completely different directions. We were talking about embracing God's plan for our lives, even though the plan and our passions are so unique and different.)
Embrace your life and God's unique plan for you. For there you/I will find true happiness.
And I must go. My son has gotten out the nail polish and is begging to have his nails polished. I guess blue won't hurt. \"/
Oh Sara! I can't wait till you all come!!:) That will just be grand!:) I pray for you that your days can be good and that you can fully love the kids and you know all that cause when I'm a mom I'm planning that you'll pray for me!;) I'll likely need it!;) You are a dear!:) And I think your a lovely mother and I just can't wait to see you!!:) The kids made me laugh!:) All my love! A very Large hug to you!!:) George
ReplyDeleteLove you dear niece! Love your outlook! It's not about how it feels, is it?:)
ReplyDelete