Saturday, December 19, 2009

Good morning from our little home!! It's snowing outside and looks so very pretty!!
Wes is in the woods, making another attempt at getting another deer! Aubrey decided that 6 am was the time to stay up, so I was up, too, despite the fact that I was hoping for a little more sleep! Thankfully Kyler slept until around 7:40!
Last night we had our little family Christmas! :) We had appetizers for supper (that was a request from Daddy) and then the children opened their presents afterwards. We didn't have much money to spend on presents this year... $5 for each child... but they were really happy. We gave Aubrey a 52 piece set of 'food' to use w/ her dishes set. Kyler got a tractor that makes noise and the lights go on... and since they didn't have a red one, I had to settle for a green one! My family would call it a disgrace. The children were exhausted and went to bed around 7:30, so Wes and I watched a movie and drank cinnamon apple tea! :) Twas really fun!!
I didn't take any pictures! I am so sad! Our camera died. :( It was working on dying when we were in Colorado , but just recently totally quit. At least we had a video camera... That is why you see so few pictures!
I read several verses this morning that really caught my attention.
Psalm 18: 37-39
I pursued my enemies and overtook them;
I did not turn back till they were destroyed.
I crushed them so that they could not rise;
they fell beneath my feet.
You armed me with strength for battle;
you made my adversaries bow at my feet.

You are probably wondering just who my enemies are that I would like to destroy. Lately I've felt a little overwhelmed w/ this whole parenting thing. I've had a constant feeling of failure. It doesn't seem fair that Wes gets to leave the house every morning and I have to deal w/ naughty, grouchy, whiny children day after day! the children have been trying me out from every angle that you could think of. No doesn't mean 'no' anymore. 'Come to Mama' means to turn around and run the other way. 'Pick up toys' means to throw them around. I'm sure you get the idea. Anyway, when I read these verses this morning it just kind of jumped out at me to keep persevering. The children are not my enemies, but their wills and attitudes are! And if I can just remember that GOD is the one that gives me strength for the battle, I might have more success!
Aubrey loves to sing! She's learned lots of new Christmas songs this year. Occasionally I will hear her singing " O my heart, rejoice tonight..." or "Joy to the world the Lord is mine..." I think it's kind of funny that she sings mine instead of come. She loves to pray at mealtime. It's really quite cute! :)
Kyler thinks that the fastest way to become a man is to 'grow' all of his teeth at once! I guess it will be over w/ then, but it is very stressful!!! We go through every day w/ much whining and tugging of skirts!
Tonight we go to Grandpa's house to open presents!
Well, I must run. I made a very YUMMY apple cake the other day and it's sugar free!!! Will try to post the recipe soon!
Have a great day!!

1 comment:

  1. Does the stress have anything to do w/ being cooped up all day, every day? Wait until they have big boy energy! It's Sat. PM, I'm tired, there's work to be done, I have 2 sleeping beauties and 2 energetic boys...reading in their bedroom. Leon is gone, tearing out fences at his Dad's farm.

    Ah, life is good!I mean, I really can't/shouldn't/won't complain a'tall!

    ReplyDelete