It's been one of those weeks when I need extra grace and strength from Someone who is stronger then I am!
Monday morning, Wes left the house for work at 3:45am and returned at 10:45pm. Kyler didn't even see his Daddy that day. Aubrey had a late nap, so she was still up and bouncing.
Tuesday, I decided not to go to the Transplant Christmas Supper, because the children (and Mama!) were in great need of a normal 'Daddy' evening. So we made a card for Wes w/ the children's hands and feet on it. :) Aubrey was thrilled to be making Daddy a card. We had a fun evening! we danced With Christmas music and had smoothies for a bed time snack. (Kyler calls them movies! )
Wednesday I was happy, because Wes told me that he'll be home early. But, due to circumstances that were out of his control, we once again ate supper by ourselves, and he came home after 7.
Yesterday was fun! I decided that it was time to get out of the house, since we hadn't been anywhere since Sunday, so we went to Grandma Hostetler's house and made candy.
Last night we made a batch of party mix! We ended up with a mess with the children eating as much as fast as possible! :)
We've been fighting colds/coughs/sinus all week and I'm trying hard not to be a grouchy and needy woman. I am living for tomorrow! Wes isn't going hunting and we are going to have a fun relaxing day!!
Kyler keeps adding to his vocabulary!! It's funny to hear him talk! he loves 'movies' - smoothies. If I get the blender out, he comes and pulls on my skirt, jumps up and down, and yells until he gets his sippy. He got a hair cut a couple weeks ago. It made him look like a total different child! :)
Aubrey and I baked peanut butter blossoms (with the chocolate kisses on top) on Tuesday. She was trying to help, which means she ate TOO MUCH dough and WAY to many kisses!! She was so pleased with 'her' cookies!
The children are in bed, so I think I'm going to go try to catch a nap as well!!
Friday, December 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

What was up with this week? Everyone I talked to had it rough, yep, me too! I hope you have a cozy and relaxing weekend with those you love.
ReplyDeleteHi Sara!
ReplyDeleteI remember you drawing some other little childrens' feet.....once upon a time! (it was when you came to help when Taylor was born);) Thanks for sharing!
Love,
Allison
Allison, I remember that, too!! I think you guys were preparing me for my own children!! :) You are all growing up to be such godly beautiful people!! I pray that my children will do the same!!
ReplyDelete