Friday, December 11, 2009

Thought I would quickly 'share' our supper with you. The children and I ate without Wes again for the third evening this week. Oh well, at least it's Friday!!!!! YAY!!!!

Hearty Hamburger Soup

1 lb. ground beef
1 c. chopped onion
1/2 c. chopped green pepper
garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste

Brown beef. Add onion and pepper. Add:

1 qt. tomato juice
1 1/2 c. shredded potatoes
1 1/2 c. shredded carrots

Cook until veggies are soft. Add:

4 c. milk

Heat through. Salt and pepper to taste. Yield: about 4 qts.

This is such a yummy, healthy soup. If you make it just like the recipe, you don't need to use crackers, which makes it healthier. Of course if you want to 'stretch' it, you can add more tomato juice or milk.

Aubrey loved it, but Kyler did NOT!! He loves fruit, but please don't make him eat veggies! He took one bite and spit it right back out. So he and Mama had a battle of wills. He threw a fit. I said something about Kyler needing a happy heart. Aubrey right away picked up on the happy heart. So we had a little conversation about happy hearts and grouchy hearts. Suddenly she was DONE eating and wanted to go right now! When I got her off her chair, she ran over to the cupboard and said, "I want happy hearts!!" Oh, great! Sadly, she loves those conversation hearts and knows that we have some and where they are kept. Kind of like the cough drops... She loves those to!! :(

Have a happy weekend!!!

2 comments:

  1. Can I have a 'happy heart'?? ;) Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  2. These lil' one year olds are starting to show their wills. Yes, and I'm not ready for it! But here we go...

    ReplyDelete